November 12 – 20, 2022
$5699 per person, double occupancy
DAY 1| Sat, NOV 12, 2022 | Fly from DFW to Kilimanjaro
DAY 2| Sun, NOV 13, 2022 | Arrive Kilimanjaro
A warm welcome awaits your arrival at Kilimanjaro International Airport! You will be met by a Lion World Travel representative and transferred to your hotel. The luxurious Arusha Coffee Lodge is located on the outskirts of Arusha, hidden amongst one of Tanzania’s largest coffee plantations. The Lodge is full of sensory experiences that revitalize the body and soul for the adventures and excitement that lie ahead. The theme of coffee is never far away at Arusha Coffee Lodge, where the theme coffee bean permeates even the interior designs of both the main bedroom as well as the beautifully appointed en-suite bathroom. All chalets have a mini-bar, tea and coffee making facilities, ceilings fans, safes and hairdryers; each chalet also has its own coffee grinder and percolator in the spirit of a true coffee estate experience. The dining menu features an array of traditional Tanzanian cuisine as well as variety of other African specialties.
Other facilities & Services include: a restaurant, bar, swimming pool, business center, wireless internet connection (WIFI) at the main building, gift shop and coffee plantation tours. Accommodation: Arusha Coffee Lodge
DAY 3 | Mon, NOV 14, 2022 | Arusha/Ngorongoro
After breakfast drive to Manyara National Park arriving in time for lunch at Lake Manyara Serena Lodge. Lake Manyara Serena Lodge is perched on the edge of the Rift Valley, with stunning views over the distant Lake Manyara. It would be difficult to find a more dramatic setting than the Lake Manyara Serena Lodge which is situated at the edge of an escarpment and overlooks both the Great Rift Valley and the beautiful soda lake of Manyara with is lavish supply of bird life. Graceful, curving and free flowing, the lodge is built in the local circular style and exudes an atmosphere of peacefulness where man and nature co-exist. The bar and restaurant offer guests both indoor and outdoor seating at each meal. Sumptuous menus, buffets and barbecues are served to guests alongside authentic African dishes.
The rooms are housed in circular, double-story, white-washed ‘rondavels’ (traditional circular buildings with thatched roofs), which are situated along the edge of the cliff so as to allow for maximum views. Each spacious room has its own small veranda while the interior décor reflects the blue of the lake and the pink of its flamingos. Behind each bed hangs a spectacular hand-woven rug, while the furnishings and fittings reflect traditional Maasai beadwork. Facilities in the rooms include all the comforts you expect: Telephone and Wi-Fi, satellite television room, mineral water, hairdryers and toiletries, bathrobe and slippers, curio/gift shop.
Enjoy an afternoon game drive in Manyara National Park. It is a small but scenic safari park, excellent for bird watching and a good area to find elephant, as well as the potential excitement of spotting a legendary Lake Manyara tree-climbing lion.
Dinner and overnight at Lake Manyara Serena Lodge Accommodation: Lake Manyara Serena Lodge (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
DAY 4 | Tue, NOV 15, 2022 | Lake Manyara/Serengeti
After breakfast drive to the vast plains of Serengeti – arguably offering the most scintillating game viewing in Africa! Arrive for lunch at Serengeti Serena Lodge.You will probably start spotting game well before you get into the park. The Serengeti offers arguably the most amazing game-viewing in Africa: great herds of buffalo, smaller groups of elephant and giraffe, and thousands upon thousands of eland, topi, impala and Grant’s gazelle. Lion prides feast on the abundance of plain grazers. Solitary leopards haunt the acacia trees lining the Seronera River, while a high density of cheetahs prowls the south eastern plains.
The Serengeti Serena Lodge is centrally located adjacent to the famous Western Corridor and Grumeti River. The lodge has been designed to blend completely into the living landscape and being situated on a hill it provides awesome views across the sweeping plains.
Serengeti National Park. Inspired by a traditional African village, separate “rondavel huts” house the 66 luxury en-suite guest rooms, in a simple but stunning design. Each room has a balcony with a view of the vast Serengeti plains.
The lodge is rich in local atmosphere created by indigenous African handicrafts and art. A delightful water feature runs through the main public areas, creating a natural source of waterborne plants, and also provides a home to many indigenous species of reptiles, amphibians and birds. Rooms look out over the plains and each has its own private balcony, private entrance, spacious bedroom and natural stone bathroom. The rooms have: Telephone and Wi-Fi, mineral water and toiletries, bathrobe and slippers. Hairdryers are available from the reception. Accommodation: Serengeti Serena Lodge x21 Rooms (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 5 | Wed, NOV 16, 2022 | Serengeti National Park
Explore the grass plains of Serengeti during morning and afternoon game drives when the animals are most active. Early morning watch hippos return to water; giraffes foraging from trees; and lions returning from the evening hunt to relax in the shade of a tree. In the afternoon look out for cheetahs, crocodiles and leopards. Accommodation: Serengeti Serena Lodge (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 6 | Thu, NOV 17, 2022 | Serengeti National Park
During morning and afternoon game viewing activities you are able to observe and photograph the wildlife at your leisure. As enduring as the game-viewing, you are sure to be in awe of the liberating sense of space that characterizes the Serengeti Plains. Accommodation: Serengeti Serena Lodge (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 7 | Fri, NOV 18, 2022 | Serengeti/Ngorongoro
After breakfast drive to Ngorongoro Conservation Area. Arrive for lunch at Ngorongoro Serena Lodge. Enjoy an afternoon at leisure. The Ngorongoro Serena Lodge is perched on the rim of the largest and most intact crater on Earth. All the rooms have great views and their own rock enclosed balcony, private ensuite facilities. This lodge is ideally situated for trips into this animal rich conservation area.
The clustered boulder-built buildings of the lodge are linked by timber walkways that border around the roots of ancient, liana-hung trees. Wi-Fi connectivity is also available. The split-level rock-built dining and bar area features a wall of windows and a broad viewing terrace, with spectacular views of the crater below. Ngorongoro Crater is a remnant of an ancient volcano with one of the greatest concentrations of wildlife in Africa. Dinner and overnight at Ngorongoro Serena Lodge. Accommodation: Ngorongoro Serena Lodge (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 8 | Sat, NOV 19, 2022 | Ngorongoro Crater
After breakfast descend through the early morning mists 2,000 feet/610 meters into the crater for an awesome wildlife experience. Savor a picnic lunch at a scenic spot inside the crater.
Known as ‘the eighth wonder of the world’ the Ngorongoro Crater is one of Africa’s best-known wildlife arenas. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, it offers a unique biosphere, which has remained virtually unchanged since the dawn of time. Deep within the Crater, enclosed by towering natural walls, some 25, 00 large mammals wander the plains, lakes and forests of ‘the land that time forgot,’ dominated by enormous bull elephants, rhinos and lions. The structure of the Crater and the wildlife it attracts makes for a great African wildlife experience. Return to the lodge in the late afternoon. Dinner and overnight at Ngorongoro Serena Lodge. Accommodation: Ngorongoro Serena Lodge (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 9 | Sun, NOV 20, 2022 | Ngorongoro/Arusha/Kilimanjaro/Depart
Depart Ngorongoro after breakfast and head to Arusha for lunch and a day room at Mount Meru Hotel. (Breakfast, Lunch) Mount Meru Hotel is situated at the foothills of Mount Meru in Arusha, on 15-acres of lush landscape. As the topographic centrepiece of the Arusha National Park, the hotel is also surrounded by some of Africa’s most breathtaking vistas, rich with a diverse array of wildlife, etched against the fertile slopes of the picturesque Mount Meru. Later, you will be transferred from Mount Meru Hotel to Kilimanjaro International Airport in time for your international departure flight.
These prices include tax
(Air has been estimated and will not be confirmed until Dec. 2021, thus price could change)
$5699 Per Person Double Occupancy
$6599 Per Person Single Occupancy
● Roundtrip Air from DFW to Mt Kilimanjaro
● USD $176 per person for Tips for Driver/Guide, General Lodge Staff & Waiters/Porters
● Meet and greet services with assistance
● Accommodation and meals as per the itinerary
● Ground transportation in an 8-seater 4×4 safari vehicle with English speaking driver-guide
● Game drives and park entry fees
● Tourism Development Levy
● Lion World Travel Representative Meet & Greet upon arrival
● Flying doctor’s coverage
PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
● Telephone bills, drinks, laundry, and any items of a personal nature
● Any item not specified above
● Costs of Passports & visas
● Trip Cancellation, Interruption, and/or Medical Insurance
Air Schedule: (This is a tentative schedule and will most likely change in the next 12-18 mos)
FINAL FLIGHT SCHEDULES WILL BE GIVEN IN THE FINAL DOCUMENTS
Prices are based on economy class travel. If you wish to upgrade please call for current prices and availability.
DL 1663 12NOV DFW/DTW 11:00A 1:45P
DL 132 12NOV DTW/AMS 4:22P 5:55A 11/13
KL 569 13NOV AMS/JRO 10:05A 8:25P
KL 569 20NOV JRO/AMS 9:35P 7:00A
DL 161 21NOV AMS/MSP 10:35A 12:25P
DL 1525 21NOV MSP/DFW 3:29P 6:11P
Deposit & Final Payment
A deposit of $1800 per person is due with booking, and final payment is due no later than July 15, 2022. The advertised price represents a 5% discount for payments made by cash or check. The price is 5% higher for a credit card payment and requires an authorized signature. We accept MC, VISA, and AX. If cancelled before July 15, 2022 a $1100 per person fee is assessed. If cancelled on or after July 15, 2022, trip is non refundable.
ALL CLIENTS MUST FILL OUT THE PROVIDED “CLIENT QUESTIONAIRE” AND RETURNED TO SHARON CARR TRAVEL WITH DEPOSIT.
A VALID PASSPORT & VISA ARE REQUIRED.
PASSPORT MUST BE VALID AT LEAST 6 MONTHS AFTER RETURN OF TRAVEL.
We will provide Visa info later.
Complete Legal Names must be given as stated on passports. Name changes are allowed up to 90 days prior to departure at a fee of $300 per person. After 90 days, no changes are allowed. Please understand that vendors are very strict with regard to cancellation. No exceptions can be made.
SHARON CARR TRAVEL is not the source or supplier of the travel services included in this package and they act solely as an agent for the actual suppliers of such services and assume no liability for injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, cancellations, vendor bankruptcy, war, insurrection, revolt or other civil uprising, other military actions, pandemic, strikes or any Act of God occurring in either the country of origin, destination or through passage, or for any reason whatsoever. The suppliers whose names appear in the information supplied are those who are actually responsible for providing the travel services purchased. The suppliers reserve the right to make minor adjustments to the itinerary. SHARON CARR TRAVEL will not be held responsible should any of these suppliers fail to provide the travel services purchased, whether through default or any other cause. SHARON CARR TRAVEL will not accept any responsibility for losses or additional expenses due to delay or changes in air schedules or other causes. All such losses or expenses will be the responsibility of the member of the tour. SHARON CARR TRAVEL will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to luggage during the tour. Also, SHARON CARR TRAVEL will not be liable regarding the provision of medical care or the adequacy of any care that may be rendered. Acceptance of the Tour Contract will serve as a Release of Liability and Assumption of Risk Agreement. This agreement is binding on your heirs, legal representatives and assigns. If, for some reason, a trip must be rescheduled due to any of the above reasons, participants are bound by the new dates of travel, and can only obtain a refund if insurance has been purchased and insurer is contractually bound. SHARON CARR TRAVEL IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WEATHER RELATED OR MECHANICAL DELAYS. Lion Word Travel will provide air and land arrangements and reserves the right to change either if necessary.
WHAT TO PACK
Generally, casual comfortable clothing is suitable throughout the year. The most practical items to pack are:
- Khaki, brown, white and beige colors. ABSOLUTELY NO BRIGHT COLORS!
- Light cotton tops and cotton trousers/shorts in summer.
- Long sleeved blouses/shirts for game drives. They will protect you from the sun. Safari trousers for evenings and cooler days.
- Fleece or sweater and a jacket for game drives.
- A hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- The roads between Ngorongoro Crater and the Serengeti are notoriously bad, and a good travel tip for the ladies is to pack a sports bra.
- The weather in Ngorongoro Crater is generally moderate and temperate,
- The crater’s unique positioning and the permanent sources of water and grassland available on its floor means that – unlike most other African destinations – the weather doesn’t affect game viewing.
- Visas: United States of America passport holders require a visa for Tanzania. Visas can be obtained prior to departure from the Tanzania High Commission in Washington, DC. More information will be provided approximately 4 mos prior to departure. Tel: (202) 939-6125 Website: http://www.tanzaniaembassy-us.org/
- Cost US $100 per person single/double/multiple entry (excludes courier fees and additional charges to expedite the process)
- PASSPORTS: Please ensure that you are in possession of a valid passport with at least THREE BLANK PAGES marked “VISA” for entry to TANZANIA. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months after date of return. If you are visiting other countries, please establish entry requirements and have additional blank visa pages for those countries as well.
- Malaria: You are visiting areas where malaria is found so please contact your physician or travel clinic for advice as to what precautions against malaria they suggest for you.
- Yellow Fever: Vaccination against yellow fever is recommended – it is also required if arriving within 6 days after leaving or transiting countries with risk of yellow fever transmission, including Kenya and Uganda as well as a number of South American countries. Please note that these requirements can change, please always check with the CDC or Canada Health at least a month prior to traveling. Children under 9 months of age and people in transit not leaving the airport in the countries with risk of transmission are exempt from yellow fever vaccination.
- Other vaccinations: that might be considered before you travel include typhoid, hepatitis A and B, meningitis, and tetanus. For more information, contact your doctor or travel clinic.
- Photography/Security: Do not take photographs of the local people without their permission. Never take photographs of military, military institutions, armed forces barracks, policemen, the President, Government officials or airports.
- Baggage allowance: Baggage is restricted to 15kg/33lb per person including hand luggage (this includes camera equipment) on safari vehicles as well as on any domestic flights, as space is limited. Soft-sided luggage or duffels are preferable to hard luggage for storage on safari vehicles and on aircraft used within East Africa. Large suitcases of dimensions greater than 24″ x 17″x 7″ are impossible to store in vehicles and on aircraft and should not be used. (Baggage and personal effects are at owner’s risk throughout the tour and baggage insurance for members is strongly recommended).
- Traveling by road in East Africa: Road conditions in East Africa can be different to what you are used to in North America which adds to the adventure of the trip. Whilst every effort is made to ensure your comfort, rough terrain could result in bumpy drives. In some cases, there may be an option to fly, at an additional cost, instead of driving some of the longer distances. Please let your Africa Specialist know if you would like more information on this.
- Currency: Kindly note that travelers purchasing their visas on arrival to Tanzania (airports and road border posts) must pay in US dollars using bills that have been issued after 2009. Older notes are not accepted and may result in travel delays or refusal of entry.
- Travellers’ cheques generally are not accepted in East Africa. US bank notes cannot be older than 2009 and must have the most current security markings (large portrait of the president).
- Valuables: Some areas you visit will be quite poor by our standards and it is thoughtless to flash money or jewelry. We urge you to leave valuables, passports etc. in hotel safes or with camp managers at lodges that do not provide safes.
- Import regulations: Please note that the import of meat or any products thereof (dried, canned etc.), plants, seeds, vegetables, fruits, livestock, endangered wildlife species and products thereof (for example clothing and accessories) into the United States and Canada is prohibited. This includes Ostrich eggs and animal skins for sale in Africa!
- USA Security: You may be asked to turn on any electronic or battery powered devices such as telephones, tablets, e-books and laptops in front of airport security teams and /or demonstrate the item’s functionality. Please make sure you do all you can to ensure that items are fully powered before arriving at the airport, items may be confiscated if you are not able to demonstrate their functionality.